Can You Accept What Kind of Person You Are?

                what kind of person you are?

 
you accept what kind of person you are?

Although it is difficult to admit that you have weaknesses that cannot be changed. But when I asked, I already had the answer: I slowly accepted that I became a "lost curiosity" person, a "habitual escape" person.

But in fact, for everyone, there is always about your own experience and personality that you have always been unable to accept. I selected 4 representative questions from the comments; let's take a look at the crux of the problem

01 Can't say "no" to his parents?

Can you accept what kind of person

                                                                    

I am the boss of my family, and I have two younger sisters and a younger brother. Since I was relatively sensible, I have become self-sufficient in college. I will not tell my parents about any difficulties I have encountered outside; for fear that they will worry.

But the more sensible and strong I am, the more my parents feel that I can do everything myself. When my brother buys a house, I help with the loan. When my brother gets married, I help with the planning.
I would like to refuse, but every time I have such an idea, I will question whether I am too selfish.

People who have always been sensible may have been "losing themselves".

From his portrayal, we can deduce that perhaps he is not just unable to say no to his parents, but may be "unable to refuse firmly" in most relationships.

In various relationships, he always thinks of others, for example: the interests of others, the feelings of others, and the emotions of others. If someone else has a problem, he will feel that he has a responsibility and obligation to help solve it; if someone else has emotions, he may still feel guilty;
In the relationship, he always compresses himself, feels that he can't cause trouble to others, does not give himself space, even when he is alone, he cannot consider himself.

If these are all established, then he and his friends who are very similar to him must know that you are too lacking in yourself.

For him, "selfishness" is a precious trait. To allow yourself to be selfish, try to respect yourself and take care of yourself. In the details, in some things you care about; try to express yourself, even to care about.

He can start with small things, practice refusing others, and practice refusing parents. Otherwise, good old people will wait for a disaster in the relationship, and when the other party has done too much, they can just say no without fear, so as not to feel guilty.

However, in order to motivate you to take the initiative to make changes, I want to scare all the good old people. Good old people usually have such a trajectory in life:

When I was in my twenties or twenties, I felt that I was pretty good, and I could help people live happily. In my thirties, I began to accumulate some grievances and began to suspect that my life direction was wrong;
 Not only accumulated in the heart, but also in the expression on the face; when the sixties or seventies, there will be a lot of discomfort in the body, and it is generally dry, and the resentment he exudes will scare the people around.

This good old man's path is really bad. Turn around early and start loving yourself early.

02 .Why can't I just concentrate on doing things?


Procrastination and inattention are my constant problems. For one thing, I always have to stay up late at the last minute, rush to work, and finally deliver it hastily.

At other times, I was basically entangled, whether the entanglement started to work, or waited, resulting in wasted time. Moreover, when I was doing things, I was often interrupted by various internal and external factors, such as looking around, playing games, and video. Every time I regretted wasting time, the next time I repeat the same mistakes.

All relationships, including interpersonal relationships and relationships with things, can be understood as the relationship between "me" and "you".

All good things are the product of deep relationships. When you do something, you are building a relationship with it, and the delays and lack of concentration are due to your lack of deep relationship experience.

A person who can build a deep relationship will have a confidence inside: "I" can express my vitality to you wantonly, we will therefore establish a deep relationship, "You" will accept, and the expression of me and your vitality, Will nourish each other.

There is logic inherent in various attention disorders: I am unwelcome to you, and expressing my vitality into the relationship will destroy you, and vice versa.

This is to understand attention deficit from a relationship perspective. We can also understand attention deficit from another angle: "a sense of omnipotence”, that is, we feel that we can do anything. People with attention disorders usually have a more severe sense of omnipotence.

This can be expressed as hope that "as soon as I am motivated, things can be done right away and they can do it perfectly." But when they find imperfections, they can't stand it. So it can't go on.

At this time, it is "the motivation that I give out" is destroyed, and then it becomes the desire to destroy, which will point to three things: point to yourself, such as self-attack; point to the object, such as criticizing and attacking others or devalue things; point to the relationship , For example, never want to build this relationship.

 But in the end, in order to survive, they have to do it again.

The two angles of relationship and omnipotence can well explain attention deficit. How can we heal such a problem? My suggestion is to find a way to deepen the relationship that is healing. At this time, I would particularly recommend the series of books on "Flow of Heart".

These books are actually talking about the operability method in building a deep relationship. There are usually several steps:

Set a goal; establish a boundary. When you do something, tell others: "Don’t interfere with me", just like building a dam for a river; invest in it; get feedback, positive feedback tells you how to approach the goal, negative feedback will tell you How to be ineffective and inefficient; gain a sense of control, that is, feel that you are gradually beginning to master this matter; more and more investment, the sense of space and time have changed;

You will enter the flow experience, that is, something is flowing, which will bring joy, and it will also become a huge reward for you to invest in it.

03. I just can't be confident and I have always been in a low self-esteem


I have rarely been affirmed by my parents since I was a child. My family's model is basically this: I took the second place and I was asked why it wasn't the first place; when I took the first place, I was asked again why the homework couldn't be full marks.

Now, when I run into problems, I always feel that I am not strong enough and very anxious. Moreover, when I saw others working hard, the first reaction was to worry about being overtaken.

In fact, various descriptions of personality, whether inferiority complex or self-confidence, are essentially relationships, and at first they are internalization of parent-child relationship.

You provide a good example. No matter how good you are, you won’t be recognized by your parents, and your parents will always pick you up. We can see that the so-called self-confidence means that "inner parents" believe in "inner children"; the so-called inferiority means that "inner parents" do not trust "inner children".

We easily think that self-confidence and self-esteem are good and not good, but in fact, this is about love.

No matter how good people are, if they have not been loved, they are at most arrogant, but they are full of inferiority. Judging from my experience in consulting, that part feels like "If you don't get the glory of love, people will feel like a monster. If they have excellent ability, then it is a monster with excellent ability."

In your case, it seems that you are picking yourself, but in fact we can also understand that it is your "inner parent" who is picking the "inner child". Your inner dialogue is actually an externalization of the childhood relationship model.

A deep understanding of this will make us relieved. After all, we know how this came from. The real healing lies in building a deep relationship with quality. There are too many studies in this area, but the conclusion is consistent: the quality of important relationships determines happiness.
When there is a sense of well-being, you will find, eh, I don’t seem to care so much about good or bad, although I seem to have not made any efforts or changes during this time.

In addition, anxiety is also the enemy of excellence. It can be seen that you are always in the middle of the comparison, and you are always self-critical and criticized by the inner dialogue. This narcissistic comparison will destroy your commitment to things, so it is also excellent.

04 Why can't I just socialize easily?


When interacting with others, my psychological burden is always heavy.

I am a strong talker. Sometimes what I say will make the other person uncomfortable, so I especially want to get rid of this problem. This leads me to be very afraid of saying the wrong thing, and every sentence I communicate with others; I have to think about it for a long time.
 This is very energy-intensive, so I gradually reduced socializing. There are two basic dimensions of human nature: the narcissistic dimension and the relationship dimension.

The narcissistic dimension measures strength and power. The main perceptions in this dimension are who is high and who is low, who is strong and who is weak.

 The deepest point is death anxiety that is, when you are weak, you will be bullied, abused, or even killed by strong people. The relationship dimension measures emotion and morality.

 Its main perception is the depth of the relationship, good and evil, love and hate, etc., and in the relationship dimension, everyone is equal.

Each of us must find a balance between these two dimensions.
You said that you usually talk too strong, this situation is over-dominated by the narcissistic dimension. The reason why you have the problem of speaking strongly may be because you are extremely concerned about who is high and who is low, and hope that you are in the high position at all times. At this time, others will feel that they are placed in the low position, so they will Uncomfortable.

In a person's spiritual development, the narcissistic dimension comes first, and the relationship dimension comes second. When the human mind can develop from the dimension of loneliness to the dimension of relationship, you will experience equality, and then you will find that your social connection becomes easier.

So that's the sentence: try to build a deep, quality relationship, a temperature emotion, and a good medicine for healing.

Many times we think there is a problem with the relationship, such as disputes with parents and children, but the actual crux is that the self is not strong; and many times, we think that there is a problem with the self, such as inferiority, arrogance, but the crux is hidden in the relationship with family and others.